Designed for drivers who have a current driving licence with Class C provisional entitlement and would like to drive a rigid vehicle.
Route to gaining Category C licence:
1. LGV Medical - Attend an LGV medical and have a D4 Medical form completed by a GP. Forms can be collected from our office or you can also download the D4 medical form by clicking here. Click here for further information on completing the medical
2. Licence Application - Complete D2 licence application and send to DVLA along with the above D4 medical form.
3. Theory Tests - Pass Hazard Perception and Multiple Choice theory tests. Both theory tests can be booked by clicking here.
4. Practical Training - Complete intensive practical training with our DSA registered instructor.
5. Practical Test - On the final day of your driver training you will take the practical driving test.
PLEASE NOTE: ON COMPLETION OF THE PRACTICAL TEST, ALL NEW DRIVERS WILL NEED TO COMPLETE THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC QUALIFICATION. CLICK HERE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
You will be expected to learn the way to drive, manoeuvre, reverse and park a large vehicle in a number of varied situations. Perform routine safety checks and maintenance inspection.
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to the vehicle
- Basic manoeuvres
- Safety checks
- Maintenance inspection
- Highway code
- Practical tuition
Duration: 4 Days
Ratio of 2 trainees per instructor per lorry.
Practical test on final day of tuition.
Please note: All delegates must be 18 years of age or over, meet medical requirements laid down by D.V.L.A, have passed both theory tests and hold entitlement on licence.
Please contact us for latest prices and available training dates.
Candidates who upgrade their licence from Category C1 (7.5 Tonne) to Category C (Class 2) can claim up to 21 hours of Driver CPC Periodic training for an additional cost of £25 per 7 hour session.